Switch from Chrome OS Legacy App to Zoom PWA
Message From Zoom Corporate:
Dear Valued Customer,
As we previously communicated, we have ended support for our legacy Chrome OS App and will be phasing it out over the next several months. We are asking all customers to switch to the Zoom progressive web application (PWA) for the most up-to-date and feature-rich experience. Our records show that there may be users on your account who are still using the Chrome OS App and will need to migrate to the PWA.
As we sunset the Chrome OS App, these are some key dates to be aware of:
- August 2022 - Zoom ended support for the Chrome OS App.
- November 5, 2022 - The app will no longer be searchable in the Chrome Web Store.
- January 15, 2023 - When Chrome OS users click Zoom links, the PWA will automatically launch. This change will be made by Zoom.
- February 1, 2023 - The Chrome OS App will be fully removed and no longer available.
How do I migrate my users?
- Account-level update: Account administrators can migrate all users by enabling the “Auto-launch PWA when joining a meeting on Chrome OS” option at the account level. This can be found by clicking into account management, and then account settings.
- Individual users: Users can install this from the Google Play store or by going to pwa.zoom.us/wc and clicking on the install option in the Chrome browser address bar. Note: Installation is not necessary to use the PWA, but will make it easier to access on Chrome, as the PWA will be listed with other installed Apps.
We also strongly recommend that all users update to the most recent version of Chrome OS to maintain feature compatibility and continued improved performance.